- Instant money transfers to select banks
- 4 hour transfers to other banks
- No fee for transfers at least 1000$
- Transfers below 1000$ attract 3.99$ fee
Xoom is helping NRIs transfer money to India since 2001 and it’s service is one of the best. It’s a well reputed, trusted brand in USA with very good customer service. Money transfers to banks like HDFC Bank, PNB, Axis Bank, Yes Bank are instant (yes, just in few minutes) and to other banks it takes around 4 hours if the transfers are initiated in Indian banking hours. Money transfer initiated during non-banking hours in India takes a little longer to complete.
Though the locked-in exchange rates of Xoom are not the best, most of the customers are happy with the ease at which they can transfer money using Xoom mobile apps and website. It strives to provide balance between exchange rates and quality of service. From the moment money transfer is initiated, Xoom provides regular updates to senders as well as the receivers on the status of the transaction.
For money transfers less than $1000.00 , fees up to $3.99 is charged and no fee is charged for transfers more than $1000.00. If you are planning to transfer money using credit cards then Xoom charges high amount of fee. You may have to think twice if you want to swipe your credit card at Xoom.com! A daily transfer limit of $2,999.00 is applicable to customers by default but the limit can be increased to $9,999.00 by providing additional documentation required.
- Instant money transfers to HDFC Bank, PNB, Axis Bank and Yes Bank. 4 hours for other banks
- For transfers less than $1000, fees up to $3.99 are applied. No fee for transactions above $1000
- High fees for credit card based transfers
- Does not offer highest exchange rates, but strives to balance quality of service with exchange rates
To transfer money to India, Xoom charges the following fee
|$501 - $1000||$4.99|
Following payment options are available for Senders to initiate money transfers