- Bank deposit, Cash pickup options in India
- $3.99 fee for transfer upto $900
- No fee for transfer above $900
- Transfers take upto 3-5 days
Established in 1996, Placid Express offers money transfer services to 8 different countries including India. Well known for providing very competitive exchange rates, Placid Express offers cash pickups and direct bank deposit services through its website.
Senders can use an US bank accounts, credit cards or debit cards to initiate money transfers. For bank account based transfers, any transaction less than less than $900.00 attracts a fee of $3.99 and transactions above $900.00 are free. Similar to other money transfer services, Placid Express charges a lot of fees for transfers initiated using debit and credit cards.
Though Placid Express supports instant transfers that delivers money for pickup with an hour, it is available only for credit/debit card based transactions. High fees associated with card based transactions makes instant delivery option highly unattractive. Bank account based transfers take around 3-5 working days.
The maximum allowed money transfer per week is set to $2,400 and its very low compared to several other money transfer services.Summary
- Offers highly attractive exchange rates
- Facilitates direct bank deposits and cash pickups
- Instant cash pickups available if paid using card
- Bank transfers generally take 3-5 working days to process
- No mobile apps, not active on social media websites.
To transfer money to India, Placid Express charges the following fee
Following payment options are available for Senders to initiate money transfers